It's been a while since I last posted. In fact it looks like ages since I last posted as some how I managed to delete a recent post and I have no clue how to get it back. But anyway, work is done for this year, hurrah! I'm relieved I can finally have a long time off before my next semester, I can now take this time to re-group, have some time to think and ease my mind. After transferring from Gloucestershire I came into my new course late, so I was rather behind in my work. I've had a very stressful couple of months so all I want to do is make sure that i'm fully prepared for the next semester!
I'm taking this as a quiet winter break. Here's my little round up of the things to have an enthusiasm for in December and in the new year ::
1. Improve the blog :: I think I've neglected my blog a bit. When it comes to the design of my blog I don't think I really have a clue what I'm doing. I some time not to rush and watch a few tutorials on creating a better design.
2. Get the mixing bowl out :: I haven't baked something good in ages but I have a few good recipes in mind.
3. Take more photos :: I recently bought my first ever DSLR, it's taken a couple of years for me to save up enough to buy a good camera. I'm starting off with D3300, i'm used to Nikon so I thought this seemed like the best option (not to mention the free accessory kit that it came with). I'd like to spend the time to get used to using a DSLR more often and take more photos for my blog.
4. Try new foods :: I've been vegetarian for at least 2 years now, I love all the Quorn foods as they make some really great meals. But sometimes it can become repetitive so i'd like to start trying more vegetables and different meals.
5. Start a new drawing :: I've gotten so much better at drawing, I used to be terrible at drawing people and avoided drawing them at all costs. But now I'm getting better with my tonal and I've been learning a lot from Pinterest and YouTube videos!
6. Find a new book to read :: I've read many books but for me nothing can compete with LOTR and Harry Potter. That's probably why it's taking ages to find another book to read. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know in the comments below!
7. Christmas food :: I can't remember the last time I tried a mince pie or a Christmas pudding!
8. Christmas decorations :: I love home décor in the winter, I've been helping my mum with all the Christmas decorations, coordinating with colours and textures. It's best in the evening when the lights are on!
9 Blog more! :: I have a habit of getting some content for one blog post and then leaving it till the next month for another. I'd like to start posting more often as I only have about 15 or so blog posts. I'm still new and I'm still learning about the ways of blogging, I need that extra enthusiasm to write more.
10. Update my skin care regime :: My make up box is looking a bit empty as I threw out a load of it. I've always liked to keep it minimal but I think I could do with an update.
Here's a few blog posts I've been inspired by recently!:
Cider with Rosie :: Back to the Woods
Nishaantishu :: The Quiet Winter
Wish Wish Wish :: The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter
What Olivia Did :: Vlogging in Edinburgh
Have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year!